Wear by Friction in a Pair with Fixed Abrasive Composite Materials Based on Iron and Self-Fluxing Alloy
Background. Creation of theoretical and technological foundations of iron-based powder composite materials and self-fluxing alloys to work under the effect of abrasives is an urgent task that requires setting the dependence of the final product properties on the composition and the conditions of its obtaining.
Objective. The aim of the paper is to study the influence of the composition of composite materials based on iron-doped self-fluxing alloy and method for producing products from them in their resistance under abrasive wear.
Methods. The method of the study of frictional material wear process in contact with the fixed abrasive is developed. The investigation of density, structure and properties was carried out using modern methods and equipment for determining the mechanical characteristics, optical and electron microscopy and computer technologies.
Results. The analysis of the published data is carried out in order to establish promising materials for the manufacture of powder materials of tribological purpose for work in the conditions of action of abrasives. It is shown that the material may be powder compositions of iron and self-fluxing alloy which abrasion resistance may be significantly larger than existing content by SFA composition which has a relatively high hardness and wear resistance. It is found that the abrasion resistance under the influence of fixed abrasive material depends on the composition, method and technological parameters of its compaction. The increase of self-fluxing alloy content in the composite material, its porosity reduction, the presence of interaction between phase components increases its resistance to abrasion wear. It is shown that formation of self-fluxing alloy solid carcass in the material structure and its layer thickness increase improve the durability. According to the study results, the highest wear resistance got materials containing iron-based SFA of more than 30 %, obtained by pressing the blanks, and subsequent sintering and vacuum impregnation. The results are explained with the use of modern ideas about the mechanisms of deterioration when exposed to fixed abrasives.
Conclusions. The dependence of the resistance to abrasion when subjected fixed iron-based abrasive powder composite materials and self-fluxing alloys depending on their composition, the method and conditions of preparation, structure, and wear conditions was determined. It is shown that self-fluxing alloy content increase in the composite material, its porosity reduction, the presence of interaction between phase components increase its resistance to abrasion. It is shown that formation of self-fluxing alloy solid carcass in the material structure and its layer thickness increase improve the durability, in case if its content in the com-position is more than 20 %.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
V.N. Antsiferov, Powder Metallurgy and Sprayed Coatings, B.S. Mitin, Ed. Moscow, SU: Metallurgija, 1987 (in Russian).
I.M. Fedorchenko and L.I. Pugina, Sintered Composite Antifriction Materials. Kyiv, SU: Naukova Dumka, 1980 (in Ukrainian).
L. Aiguo et al., “Microstructuresand wear resistance of large WC particles reinforced surface metal matrix composites produced by plasma melt injection”, Surface & Coatings Technol., vol. 201, pp. 7978–7982. 2007. doi: 10.1016/j.surfcoat.2007.03.042
B. Hans “Comparison of wear resistant MMC and white cast iron”, Wear, vol. 254, pp. 47–54, 2003. doi: 10.1016/S0043-1648(02)00300-9
A.M. Stepanchuk and M.B. Shevchuk, “Wear-resistant composite materials with solid alloy and iron-based self-fluxing alloy wastes”, Problemy Tertya ta Znoshuvannya, iss. 58, pp. 94–101, 2012 (in Ukrainian).
Shan-Ping Lua et al., “Wear behavior of brazed WC/NiCrBSi(Co) composite coatings”, Wear, vol. 254, iss. 5-6, pp. 421–428, 2003. doi: 10.1016/S0043-1648(03)00132-7
I. Manna et al., “Microstructural evolution of wear-resistant FeCrB and FeCrNiCoB coating alloys during high-energy mechanical attrition”, Wear, vol. 264, iss. 11-12, pp. 940–946, 2008. doi: 10.1016/j.wear.2007.06.015
A.N. Stepanchuk et al., “The regularities of obtaining materials and thick-layer coating compositions based on the solid refractory compounds – self-fluxing alloy”, Cvetnye Metally, vol. 1, pp. 63–68, 2014 (in Russian).
A.N. Stepanchuk et al., “Structural compaction of iron-based powder materials with self-fluxing alloys”, Naukovi Visti NTUU KPI, no. 1, pp. 51–60, 2012 (in Ukrainian).
GOST Style Citations
- Порошковая металлургия и напиленные покрытия / В.Н. Анциферов, Г.В. Бобров, П.К. Дружинин и др.; под. ред. Б.С. Митина. – М.: Металлургия, 1987. – 790 с.
- Федорченко И.М., Пугина Л.И. Композиционные спеченные антифрикционые материалы. – К.: Наук. думка, 1980. – 404 с.
- Microstructures and wear resistance of large WC particles reinforced surface metal matrix composites produced by plasma melt injection / L. Aiguo, G. Mianhuan, Z. Minhai, W. Changbai // Surface & Coatings Technol. – 2007. – 201. – P. 7978–7982.
- Hans B. Comparison of wear resistant MMC and white cast iron // Wear. – 2003. – 254. – P. 47–54.
- Степанчук А.Н., Шевчук М.Б. Износостойкие композиционные материалы с участием отходов твердых сплавов и самофлюсующихся сплавов на основе железа // Проблеми тертя та зношування: Наук.-техн. зб. – К.: Вид-во НАУ “НАУ-друк”, 2012. – Вип. 58. – С. 94–101.
- Shan-Ping Lua, Oh-Yang Kwona, Yi Guob. Wear behavior of brazed WC/NiCrBSi(Co) composite coatings // Wear. – 2003. – 254, iss. 5-6. – P. 421–428.
- Microstructural evolution of wear-resistant FeCrB and FeCrNiCoB coating alloys during high-energy mechanical attrition / I. Manna, P.P. Chattopadhyay, F. Banhart et al. // Wear. – 2008. – 264, iss. 11-12. – P. 940–946.
- Степанчук А.Н., Шевчук М.Б., Демиденко А.А. Закономерности получения материалов и толстослойных покрытий на основе композиций твердые тугоплавкие соединения – самофлюсующийся сплав // Цветные металлы. – 2014. – № 1. – С 63–68.
- Компактування порошкових матеріалів конструкційного призначення на основі заліза за участю самофлюсівних сплавів / А.М. Степанчук, О.А. Демиденко, А.В. Демиденко, К.В. Шаповал // Наукові вісті НТУУ “КПІ”. – 2012. – № 1. – С. 51–60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 NTUU KPI