Stochastic Equivalence of Gaussian Process to the Wiener Process, Brownian Bridge, Ornstein–Uhlenbeck Process
Background. We consider the Gaussian process with zero expectation and following covariance function: \[R(s,t)=u(s)v(t), s\leq t.\] It was found the representation of the equivalent Wiener process for such process (Doob’s Transformation Theorem). We consider the representation of the Gaussian process via Wiener process, Brownian bridge and Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process in the case of monotonous function
Objective. The purpose of this paper is to find the criteria of equivalence between Gaussian process and Wiener process and to formulate similar criteria for Brownian bridge and Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process.
Methods. We constructed the system of the functional equations based on properties of Gaussian processes.
Results. Representation of Gaussian process with covariance function R(s, t) to equivalent Wiener process, Brownian bridge, Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process is discovered. Results are formulated in the form of criterion. Cases of decreasing and strictly increasing function u(t)/v(t) are considered.Conclusions. The received outcomes can be used for research of functionals of the Gaussian processes. For example, to find the probability that Gaussian process crossing certain level. Representation of restriction of the Chentsov random field on polygonal line to equivalent Wiener process allowed finding the exact distribution of the maximum of the Chentsov random field on polygonal lines.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
O.I. Klesov and N.V. Kruglova, “The distribution of a functional of theWiener process and its application to the Brownian sheet”, Statistics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 2011.
I.I. Klesov, “On the probability of attainment of a curvilinear level by a Wiener field”, Teoriia Ymovirnostei ta Matematychna Statystyka, no. 51, pp. 63–66, 1995 (in Ukrainian).
O.I. Klesov and N.V. Kruglova, “The distribution of a functional of the maximum type for the two-parameter Chentsov random field”, Naukovi Visti NTUU KPI, no. 4, pp. 136–141, 2007 (in Ukrainian).
N.V. Kruglova, “Distribution of the maximum of the Chentsov random field”, Theory of Stochastic Processes, no. 1, pp. 76–81, 2008.
J.L. Doob, “Heuristic approach to Kolmogorov-Smirnov theorems”, Ann. Math. Statist, no. 20, pp. 393–403, 1949.
С. Park, “Representations of Gaussian processes by Wiener processes”, Pacific J. Math., vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 407–415, 1981.
GOST Style Citations
- Klesov O.I., Kruglova N.V. The distribution of a functional of theWiener process and its application to the Brownian sheet // Statistics. – 2011. – 45, № 1. – P. 19–26.
- Клесов І.І. Про ймовірність досягнення криволінійного рівня вінерівським полем // Теор. ймовірностей та мат. статистика. – 1995. – Вип. 51. – C. 63–66.
- Клесов О.I., Круглова Н.В. Розподiл функцiоналiв типу максимуму для двопараметричного поля Ченцова // Науковi вiстi НТУУ “КПI”. – 2007. – № 4. – C. 136–141.
- Kruglova N.V. Distribution of the maximum of the Chentsov random field // Theory of Stochastic Processes. – 2008. – № 1. – P. 76–81.
- Doob J.L. Heuristic approach to Kolmogorov-Smirnov theorems // Ann. Math. Statist. – 1949. – 20. – P. 393–403.
- Park С. Representations of Gaussian processes by Wiener processes // Pacific J. Math. – 1981. – 94, № 2. – P. 407–415.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 NTUU KPI