Method of Designing of Multiorder Diffractive Lenses
Background. Multiorder diffractive lenses differ from conventional diffractive lenses by operating simultaneously in several diffractive orders, which is achieved by increasing of the lens thickness. This is improved the manufacturability of lens.
Objective. The purpose of this paper is to develop a method of designing of multiorder diffractive lenses that provides the given optical performance of the lens.
Methods. The theoretical research of the lens properties is carried out. The dependence of the energy distribution in diffractive orders on the thickness coefficient µ is found. It is proposed a method for calculating multiorder diffractive lenses according to which the lens simulation is performed.
Results. It is determined that calculating the optimal coefficient thickness can send the required amount of energy to neighboring diffractive orders. It was shown the example of the energy distribution by 40.5 % on each point. It was presented calculating method of the number of phase jumps m, which determines the thickness of the lens.Conclusions. The paper describes a method of designing of multiorder diffractive lenses by which multifocality can be achieved; in particular it was shown the example of bifocal lens calculation. Bifocal lens designed by the proposed method provides sharp vision of objects located at a distance of 33 cm and infinity. It can be used as an intraocular lens in the optical system of the eye model “cornea + lens”.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
D. Lou et al., “Application and research of harmonic diffractive/refractive optics in visible spectrum”, Proc. SPIE. Holography, Diffractive Optics, and Applications II, vol. 5636, pp. 78–85, 2005. DOI: 10.1117/12.576224.
S. Reichelt et al., “Capabilities of diffractive optical elements for real-time holographic displays“, Proc. SPIE. Holography XXII: Materials and Applications, vol. 6912, pp. 69120–69130, 2008. DOI: 10.1117/12.762887.
G.A. Lenkova, “Chromatic aberrations of diffractive-refractive intraocular lenses in an eye model”, Optoelectr., Instrum. Data Proces., vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 171–183, 2009. DOI:10.3103/S8756699009020113.
M. Rossi et al., “Refractive and diffractive properties of planar micro-optical elements”, Appl. Opt., vol. 34, no. 26, pp. 5996–6007, 1995. DOI: 10.1364/AO.34.005996.
V.G. Kolobrodov and G.S. Tymchik, Design of Diffractive Optical Elements and Systems. Kyiv, Ukraine: NTUU KPI, 2013, 196 p. (in Ukrainian).
GOST Style Citations
- Application and research of harmonic diffractive/refractive optics in visible spectrum / D. Lou, J. Bai, X. Hou, G. Yang // Proc. SPIE. Holography, Diffractive Optics, and Applications II. – 2005. – Vol. 5636. – P. 78–85.
- Capabilities of diffractive optical elements for real-time holographic displays / S. Reichelt, H. Sahm, N. Leister, A. Schwerdtner // Proc. SPIE. Holography XXII: Materials and Applications. – 2008. – Vol. 6912. – P. 69120–69130.
- Lenkova G.A. Chromatic Aberrations of Diffractive-Refractive Intraocular Lenses in an Eye Model // Optoelectr., Instrum. Data Process. – 2009. – Vol. 45, no. 2. – P. 171–183.
- Rossi M., Kunz R.E., Herzig H.P. Refractive and diffractive properties of planar micro-optical elements // Appl. Opt. – 1995. – Vol. 34, no. 26. – P. 5996–6007.
- Колобродов В.Г., Тимчик Г.С. Проектування дифракційних оптичних елементів і систем. – К.: НТУУ “КПІ”, 2013. – 196 с.
Copyright (c) 2017 NTUU KPI