Spectrum of Antifungal Domestic Drug Esulanum
Background. The first half of the XXI-st century is characterized by increasing in the incidence of fungal infections. A wide range of spatial spreading of fungal infections, including dermatophytes and vaginal candidiasis (thrush), which can be explained by intensive migration and changing lifestyles in industrialized countries. This growth was not stopped after the introduction of new antifungal pharmaceuticals, most of which have side effects and are characterized by significant toxicity. In this regard, remains perspective development of new effective non-toxic natural antifungal drugs.
Objective. The study of some potential mechanisms of domestic antimycotic Esulanum such as spectrum antimicrobial activity against gram-positive, gram-negative bacteria, microscopic fungi and yeast; influence on morphological characteristics and enzymatic activity of yeast.
Methods. The study of antimicrobial activities was performed by preparation of serial dilutions. Study of the dynamics of cell death under the influence of Esulanum performed on models of culture Candida tropicalis. Cell morphology was studied using a light microscope.
Results. It was shown that the Esulanum has a broad-spectrum activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeasts and fungies. Minimum inhibitory concentration of Esulanum against yeast (250–500 ug/ml), fungi (62,5–500 ug/ml) gram-positive (31,2–250 ug/ml) and gram-negative (62,5–250 ug/ml) bacteria was established. The study of morphological character of Candida tropicalis cells showed that the introduction of Esulanum into the culture medium in the fungicidal concentration led to changes in the morphogenesis of yeast cells, the degree of manifestation of which was due to a temporary agent. The appearance under the influence of the drug bumps and disruptions on the surface of yeast cells, as well as change their shape was probably due to a breach of the normal metabolism of culture, which was confirmed by the experimental data.
Conclusions. The results indicate that Esulanum is a broad-spectrum drug, active not only in relation to micromycetes and yeast cultures, but also Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It was found that Esulanum affects the metabolic processes of the fungal cells. During the preclinical studies further research should be aimed at the study of the mechanism of action of the drug on cells of fungal cultures.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
N.S. Egorov, Foundations of Theory of Antibiotics. Moscow, Russia: Nauka-MGU, 2004, 528 p. (in Russian).
B.J. Levine, EMRA Antibiotic Guide, 15 ed. Irving Texas, England: Emergency Medicine Residents Association, 2012, 128 p.
B.A. Cunha, Antibiotic Essentials, 12 ed. Burlington, England: Jones and Barlett Learning, 2013, 778 p.
V.V. Tets, Microorganisms and Antibiotics. Sankt-Peterburg, Russia: Kle-T, 2005, 164 p. (in Russian).
O.V. Fedorova et al., “Water-soluble polymer adducts of Esulanum with antibacterial properties and antifungal”, Khimiya, tekhnolohiya rechovyn ta yikh zastosuvannya, no. 516, pp. 63–65, 2004 (in Ukrainian).
Compendium 2013 – Pharmaceutical Preparations, V.N. Kovalenko, Ed. Kyiv, Ukraine: Morion, 2013, 1408 p. (in Russian).
V.I. Lubenets’, “Chemical thiosulfonic acid derivatives”, Sc.D. synopsis, National University “Lviv Polytechnic”, Lviv, 2006, 20 p. (in Ukrainian).
O.S. Yaremkevych et al., “The impact of thiosulfonic acid derivatives on transport systems embryos cold-blooded”, Fizyka zhyvoho, vol. 19, no. 1, 2012, pp. 70–77 (in Ukrainian).
N. Beyli, Statistical Methods in Biology. Moscow, Russia: Izdatel'stvo inostrannoy literatury, 1962, 260 p. (in Russian).
A.N. Yegorenkova, “The variability of yeast fungi of the genus Candida under the influence of sodium levorin”, Antibiotiki, no. 3, 1967, pp. 430–432 (in Russian).
GOST Style Citations
- Егоров Н.С. Основы учения об антибиотиках. – М.: Наука-МГУ, 2004. – 528 с.
- Levine B.J. EMRA Antibiotic Guide. – 15 ed. – Irving Texas: Emergency Medicine Residents Association, 2012 –128 p.
- Cunha B.A. Antibiotic Essentials. – 12 ed. – Burlington: Jones and Barlett Learning, 2013. – 778 p.
- Тец В.В. Микроорганизмы и антибиотики. – СПб: Кле-Т, 2005. –164 с.
- Водорозчинні полімерні аддукти есулану з бактерицидними та антигрибковими властивостями / О.В. Федорова, Н.Є. Мітіна, Н.Л. Заярнюк та ін. // Хімія, технологія речовин та їх застосування. – 2004. – № 516. – С. 63–65.
- Компендиум 2013 – лекарственные препараты / Под ред. В.Н. Коваленко. – К.: Морион, 2013. – 1408 с.
- Лубенець В.І. Хімія похідних тіосульфокислот: Автореф. дис. ... док. хім. наук. – Львів, 2006. – 20 с.
- Вплив похідних тіосульфокислот на транспортні системи зародків холоднокровних / О.С. Яремкевич, М.В. Бура, С.М. Мандзинець та ін. // Фізика живого. – 2012. – 19, №1. – С. 70–77.
- Бейли Н. Статистические методы в биологии. – М.: Изд-во иностранной лит-ры, 1962. – 260 с.
- Егоренкова А.Н. Об изменчивости дрожжеподобных грибов рода Candida под влиянием натриевой соли леворина // Антибиотики. – 1967. – № 3. – С. 430–432.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 NTUU KPI