Synthesis of Luminescent Materials on the Base of Rare-Earth Elements Oksofluorides
Background. Development of new materials for the systems of reflection and registration of visual signals that can work in the infrared range remains an ongoing. Industry of optics ran into a problem, when the known systems based on silicate glass do not provide the necessary width of zone of transparency, and materials based on fluoride of metals have subzero chemical firmness.
Objective. The aim of the work is development of the methodology towards the synthesis and research of properties of fluoride glasses and oxyfluorides of rare-earth elements (REE) and yttrium.
Methods. To achieve the goal approach is applied in relation to a synthesis and research with the use of thermal, x-rayed, luminescent and other methods. As initial substances commercial connections ZrF4;LaF3;AlF3;GaF3;BaF2;YF3;Y2O3;EuF3;Eu2O3;GdF3;Gd2O3;TbF3;Tb2O3 were used.
Results. The possibility to create luminescent materials based on fluoride glasses of 95 % ZLAG + 5 % ZBLA and oxyfluorides of REE has been studied. For synthesis of these materials europium and terbium compounds have been used as luminophores emitting in visible spectrum.Conclusions. According to the experimental data, it can be concluded that synthesized fluoride glasses can be used as perspective materials for optic amplifiers and lasers, where besides physical properties, one of the most important requirements is a possibility to take a necessary form of final product. The oxyfluorides having good photoluminescent yield and resistivity to aggressive milieu can be perspective materials for luminescent dispositifs of common use.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
N.V. Nikorov and А.I. Sidorov, Materials and Technologies of Fiber Optics: the Special Optical Fibres.St. Petersburg,Russia: ITMO, 2009, pp. 131–136 (in Russian).
I.Т. Аleksandrova et al., “Thermal decomposition of natural fluorine of carbonates and fluoriets of rare-earth elements”, in Proc. All-Union Symposium Works on the Chemistry of Inorganic Fluorides, Оdessa,Ukraine, 1972, pp. 118–119 (in Russian).
L. Armelao et al., “Luminescent properties of eu-doped lanthanum oxyfluoride sol-gel thin films”, J. Phys. Chem. C., vol. 113, pp. 14429–14434, 2009.
E. Josse et al., “Low-phonon waveguides made by F -/Cl- exchange on fluoride glasses”, Mater. Res. Bull., vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1139–1146, 1997.
GOST Style Citations
- Никоров Н.В., Сидоров А.И. Материалы и технологии волоконной оптики: специальные оптические волокна. – СПб: ITMO, 2009. – С. 131–136.
- Термическое разложение природных фторкарбонатов и фторидов редкоземельных элементов / И.Т. Александрова, Г.А. Сидоренко, В.И. Николаев и др. // Труды Всесоюзного симпозиума по химии неорганических фторидов. – Одесса, 1972. – С. 118–119.
- Luminescent properties of eu-doped lanthanum oxyfluoride sol-gel thin films / L. Armelao, G. Bottaro, L. Bovo et al. // J. Phys. Chem. C. – 2009. – 113. – P. 14429–14434.
- Josse E., Fonteneau G., Lucas J. Low-phonon waveguides made by F-/Cl- exchange on fluoride glasses // Mater. Res. Bull. – 1997. – 32, № 9. – P. 1139–1146.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 NTUU KPI